The mission of the Virginia Tech Child Development Center for Learning and Research (CDCLR) is to provide a model preschool program and leadership for local, state and national early childhood communities in teaching, learning and research as well as to address the missions of the university. In this regard we strive to: provide a quality preschool for young children and their families based on child development theory, research and developmentally appropriate practice; provide professional education in child development and early childhood education to the community; and generate new knowledge through study, observation and research of child development and early childhood education.
Funding is crucial to maintain and expand a high quality preschool. Your tax-deductible donation to the Virginia Tech Child Development Center for Learning and Research will help to support:
- Scholarships for qualified children
- Materials, books, technology, play equipment and resources to support developmentally appropriate curriculum
- Professional development for teachers
- Facility renovation, maintenance and additions
- NAEYC re-accreditation
Who Should Consider Giving…
Members of the Virginia Tech community, Virginia Tech alumni, Child Development Lab School alumni, Child Development Center for Learning and Research families and alumni, individuals, corporations and community partners who support and promote high quality preschools and care for young children through teaching, research and outreach
Ways You Can Support the Virginia Tech Child Development Center for Learning and Research:
- Donations and contributions given directly to the CDCLR to support programming efforts and staff development (Checks made payable to: Virginia Tech Foundation/CDCLR can be dropped off or mailed to- CDCLR 140 Wallace Hall Blacksburg, Virginia 24061-0416)
- Donate requested items to the school – call 540/231.4791 for ideas
Thank you so much for your consideration to donate to the Virginia Tech Child Development Center for Learning and Research.